Book your 2018-2019 school year field trip today; Limited Availability for Morning Tours!
Discover how the Children’s Museum of Cleveland can become a part of your curriculum and classroom! Join our staff as we lead a hands-on developmentally appropriate lesson aligned to common core standards, then take what you learned into the exhibit with 45 minutes of free play in one exhibit.
School Groups will receive a 45-minute hands-on lesson in a private room, then continue the lesson with 45 minutes to explore one exhibit space that directly relates to the lesson for the day, helping students further engage with the topic and create deeper learning through play.
FIELD TRIP RESERVATION OPTIONS:
- Morning and Afternoon Tours Available
- $8 per student
- Minimum of 15 children are needed for tour pricing
- To better serve you, please complete the School Group Tour request form below. We will contact you within 3-5 business days with a response.
- Call Amanda or Kelsey at 216-791-7114 with questions.
Group Size and Pricing:
School Groups fees are $8 per child and adults are free up to the number of paying children. School Groups are best for Pre-K, kindergarten and first-grade students.
Each group room comfortably fits up to 25 children and 5 adults, larger groups will benefit from splitting into smaller groups and booking more tour spots.
(ie. a class of 46 children may want to book two 9 am Adventure City Tours with 23 children in each room.)
If you are looking to bring more then 2 classes, approximately 55 students, please be prepared to pick two dates to visit.
Reservations are secured with a non-refundable deposit and should be considered tentatively held until CMC has received the deposit. Deposits are due no later than two weeks after booking. Please contact the Museum if you think you will need a deposit due date extension. Family memberships, coupons, and guest passes may not be used toward your payment.
Field Trip Options:
*These are general guides, each tour theme (Adventure City or Wonder Lab) will be further broken down by age group. More detailed tour descriptions will be available soon.
1) Adventure City School Tour [read more=More less=Less] Join Museum educators as we explore the role of the architect in city design. We will look at various examples of types of architecture, some famous architects around the world and throughout history, and follow the steps to create our own blueprints and building to take home in a 45-minute common core aligned lesson. Then students will have 45 minutes to investigate Adventure City where they can explore prefabricated buildings and take on the role of city planner as they decide what the building is used for or take on the role of construction workers as they create their own structure in the city. Students will also be able to interact with others in various community roles during the exhibit exploration. [/read]
2) Wonder Lab School Tour [read more=More less=Less] Join Museum educators as your students learn all about water in a special 45-minute lesson. Together explore the properties of water with experimentation on concepts such as polarity, hydro-power, and sinking versus floating. Students will use this knowledge and challenge their engineering skills to build their own boat from up cycled materials. Students will then have a chance to test explore more about water as they spend 45 minutes in the Museum’s Wonder Lab exhibit. [/read]
What to know about your field trip experience:
-Each field trip is 1 hour and 30 minutes, and includes one 45-minute private lesson and a 45-minute play experience in ONE exhibit with a museum educator.
-Each group gets the use of a private room for their lesson and to store their belongings. This room can be available for a 30-minute lunch upon request and for an additional fee.
-Chaperone Policy: A ratio of 1 to 5 is required. For a room of 20 students, about 4 chaperones will fit in the room comfortably.
-I.D. Tags: Children should wear ID tags that include the name and telephone number of the sponsoring institution.
Please complete the School Group Tour request form below. This form does not guarantee that you will receive a field trip. Field trips are only guaranteed with a confirmation receipt from The Children’s Museum of Cleveland.