Clean & Safe Guidelines
The Children's Museum of Cleveland is temporarily closed to the general public until further notice.
For information about our private rentals and limited attendance play sessions, visit our ticketing page here.
- Face masks are required for all guests over the age of 2, and must be worn over the nose and mouth during your visit.
- Temperature checks and a brief health screen will be taken upon arrival. Guests with a fever, COVID-19 symptoms, or recent exposure to a possible infected person will be asked to visit another time. Tickets will be fully refunded for these guests.
- Tickets must be purchased online prior to your visit so that we can limit attendance. Members are still free, but will also need to reserve their spaces online.
- Keep 6ft distance from other families to support social distancing and keep everyone safe! Limited attendance will help make this possible.
- Wash hands regularly for at least 20 seconds, and utilize our hand sanitizer and wipe stations.
Museum Clean & Safe Protocol
- CMC will be limiting attendance to allow for social distancing.
- Cleaning and disinfecting measures have been increased. All exhibit areas will be deep cleaned daily. We will also close off sections of exhibits throughout the day for a brief rest period so that we can clean, disinfect, and exchange props. Commonly touched surfaces such as the elevator, hand rails, and door knobs will be disinfected throughout the day. CMC has also contracted JanPro to treat the entire museum with EnviroShield for an added layer of safety.
- All CMC staff will be required to wear face masks, and health screens and temperature checks will be conducted daily.
The Children’s Museum of Cleveland (CMC) is one of the top fun places for kids in Northeast Ohio! CMC is home to seven unique exhibits that offer a variety of fun, educational, hands-on activities for toddlers and kids ages 0-8.
About the Museum
Looking for fun places for kids in Cleveland? Look no further! The Children’s Museum of Cleveland is one of Northeast Ohio’s premiere attractions for families. The Museum offers boundless opportunities for exploration, learning, and play for toddlers and kids ages 0-8. Our exhibits are specially designed to promote development and allow children to learn through play.
Parking & Getting Here
Parking: Free parking is available in the Museum lot. Overflow parking is available at the Cleveland Masonic Auditorium.
Getting Here: Visitors are encouraged to ride the RTA HealthLine on Euclid Avenue and exit at the E. 40th St. stop. Please cross safely at the crosswalks.
Food & Beverages
The Museum offers vending machines for snacks and beverages. Visitors are encouraged to bring in food or to have it delivered. MidTown Cleveland has restaurants nearby. No food or beverages, with the exception of water, are permitted in the museum exhibit areas.
Splash Zone: If your child loves playing in the Wonder Lab water tables, bring a change of clothes.
Mealtime: Pack a lunch and/or snacks. Museum only offers vending machines in its eating area.
When to Visit: CMC typically is least busy during first and last hour of the day.
Strollers: Stroller parking space is limited in the Museum. Please consider leaving your stroller at home or using a small umbrella-style stroller. Strollers may be parked in the 1st floor coatroom. Have a question during your visit? Ask CMC staff members (in teal blue.)
Museum For All: We believe that every child deserves the opportunity to learn through play at the CMC. Through the Museum For All program, families receiving government assistance can visit the museum anytime during normal operating hours for a reduced rate of $2 per person for a group of up to 4 people. To receive reduced admission to the museum, please bring an ID as well as proof of state of Ohio government assistance such as an EBT or WIC card along when you visit the museum. The name on the ID and benefits card must match. *Discount not valid for school groups
The Museum for All coupon code for our online ticketing is M4A . This code must be entered at the time of purchase to receive the discount - it cannot be applied after. Proof of government assistance such as an EBT card must be shown upon arrival for verification.
Military Discount: Families with an active military ID receive $2 off admission per immediate family member.
The military discount coupon code for our online ticketing is MILITARY . This code must be entered at the time of purchase to receive the discount - it cannot be applied after. Military ID must be shown upon arrival for verification.
Mothers are welcome to nurse anywhere in the museum. A private nursing area is available in the Meadow exhibit.
Free Wi-Fi is available to visitors in the Museum’s Cafe.
The coat room is located on the 1st floor. The museum is not responsible for lost or stolen items. A limited number of free lockers are available on a first-come first-served basis.
Male, female, and family restrooms are located on each floor of the Museum. Changing tables are available in all restrooms: male, female, and family. There’s a child-height toilet available in the Meadow exhibit for potty-training toddlers
The Museum Gift Shop is located on the 1st floor. Visit to browse a variety of books, educational and plush toys, t-shirts, gifts, and more!
Language & Behaviour
Swearing and offensive language are not permitted in the museum. Any behavior that is disruptive or dangerous to any visitor will result in removal from museum property.
Adults must stay with children at all times. If accidentally separated, please see any CMC staff member (dressed in blue teal) and they will help you locate your child.
Smoking & Firearms
Smoking, vaping, firearms or weapons
of any kind are strictly forbidden
on Museum property.
Museum guides are available at the Admissions and Information Desk.